As I have said elsewhere, one of the reasons we felt we should open our journey through Oxford to a wider audience here is because it has been so evident that we could not have done it without the support of so many. In school terms, this has been a ‘group project’.
I’m aware that some of you pray for our family every day. We can’t thank you enough!
Here are our latest prayer updates. Please continue to stand (and kneel) with us. It is no overstatement to say that we could not do this without you.
So please pray:
- In thanksgiving that Julie and the kids had an incredible five-weeks of summer in Canada, while Andrew stayed in Oxford to continue pressing toward the finish.
- In thanksgiving for the fellowship that was enjoyed with two guys who came to stay with Andrew while the family was away: Rusty and Ollie.
- In thanksgiving that the family really senses that the Lord is bringing this doctoral stage to a finish. We all feel ready to be done with this stage, and are excited to see what is next.
- To that end, that the Lord would grant Andrew an even greater capacity for writing grace. Pray that the thesis would not only come to a finish, but that it would be true and significant and helpful for the life of the church’s thought.
- If it pleases the Lord, that Andrew would be able to Submit in October, and be examined before the end of the year – even before his 40th on December 9th!
- That the Lord would continue to bless Andrew’s relationship with his supervisor (Graham) and that he would be given wisdom as to how to best guide Andrew. Pray also that the right examiners would be selected to assess the thesis, conduct Andrew’s viva, and assign the final result. One internal to the university’s theology faculty, and another world expert in the field but external to the university, will be appointed. Andrew can make suggestions as to who he would like, but ultimately it is decided by the faculty.
- That the Lord would continue to provide for a significant budget shortfall between what we are able to make, and what a minimal Oxford family budget costs.
- That the Lord would not only grant successful completion, and swiftly, bot also that the family would continue to flourish in Oxford in the meantime, and that the Lord would glorify himself through this whole process, and guide us on to what he has for us next.
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
St Paul to the Philippians (Philippians 1:3-6)
Last Updated: September 2018